Thursday, December 9, 2010

Birthday in Bed...But I'm Feeling Groovy

Tuesday (Pearl Harbor Day) was my birthday.  Except for sending a few work emails, I spent almost the whole day in bed. I just couldn't get the energy to move. I didn't even rest, I SLEPT!  Around 4 pm I rallied and was able to have a small celebration with my boys.

Thanks to all of you for the birthday calls, texts, emails and other messages!  It made me feel special on an otherwise very uneventful day.

Wednesday I went to work but still felt nauseous and exhausted.

Today I woke up and rushed off to the train for work. Usually its swaying starts the nausea for the day but today I arrived with a spring in my step and a smile on my face.  I realized that I feel GOOD!  Well, not "normal" good, but pretty darn good for post-chemo.  I was quite chipper at work and tonight at home.

I'm so happy - I hope this lasts!!!

I will never take feeling healthy and happy for granted again. It's amazing how feeling good changes your outlook and attitude.

5 comments:

  1. Brava Heidi! A very belated Happy Birthday and so glad you are recouping your strength post chemo! xxxOttavia

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) yay!!! how's the CHristmas tree? proud of you!! :) Jex xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you, Heidi, hope the side-effects this time around are less severe! xo Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heidi, I know it's been a tough 24+ hours for you. I am hoping the docs finally gave you pain med. and Christmas.. I will fly out to see you in early '11...Would love a quick update.. they make my day even if bad...

    ReplyDelete
  5. meant to say, not worried about Christmas.. I know MOP will drive to Irvington if you can't travel.. and I'm planning on coming out in early 2011

    ReplyDelete