Friday, March 18, 2011

Aaannnd they're off.....

my eyebrows, that is.

Yes, last time I reported, they were falling out. Strangely they did not fall out evenly. Instead, the hairs closer to my nose fell out first. Eventually I had no eyebrows close to my nose and only the half closer to my hairline were left. I woke up at 4 am one night and looked at myself. More eyebrow hairs had fallen out while sleeping and I looked completely ridiculous! I grabbed my tweezers and next thing I knew, all eyebrows were gone!  Whew!  "I'm going to regret this in the morning," I thought.

The next morning I brushed on some eyeliner where my eyebrows used to be and it looked horrible!  What a disaster! After a bunch of smearing with a tissue and other emergency maintenance, I eventually looked acceptable enough to show up at radiation and work. So off I went!

My hair is definitely growing back, thank goodness.  As soon as my scalp is no longer visible, I'm going to stop wearing hats, scarves, wigs, etc.  I'm estimating that will take another two or three weeks and then I'll be in a new phase of survival.

As my mom said, the fact that I actually care about my appearance is a very good sign that I'm feeling better!

2 comments:

  1. when are you guys free to come on over and just chill with us. Richard misses his buddy, Leo!

    ReplyDelete