Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Gross Details

You all know how squeamish I am and how much I hate needles, blood, "anything that causes pain" and hospitals in general. I guess I need to get over that. Anyway, here is where things now stand:

One large tumor on the left side and one large tumor in a lymph node in the same area. Yesterday during the MRI they found a possible third tumor (which is very small).

I will likely have surgery (a lumpectomy) mid-September, then 5 weeks of radiation (once per day), then 5 months of chemotherapy (once per week, every other week).

However, I'm waiting to hear back on the full results of the MRI from yesterday. It's possible I might need to go in for an MRI-guided biopsy for the small tumor and/or have chemo before the surgery.

This has all happened so fast!  Unbelievable.

1 comment: