Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Results Are In...

The 3rd tumor was benign (thank God!) and the liver cysts are nothing to worry about. So I have a lumpectomy and lymph node removal scheduled for September 16th.  I actually go home the same day.  There will be 3 to 4 weeks of recovery during which I'm not allowed to work.  Thereafter I will have 4 - 5 months of chemotherapy and then radiation for 5 weeks.  If all goes smoothly and they manage to get all of the cancer, I should be ok by next April or so.

It's going to be a bumpy, unpleasant ride but at least I know where I'm going.

Thanks to all for the prayers and good thoughts!  Thanks to everyone for putting me on your various prayer lists.  Please keep them coming - it really helps and gives me peace of mind!

10 comments:

  1. Oh mein Gott, ich bin so froh, alles Gute! Meine besten Wuensche, lasse es dir gut gehen, by th way, Irvington ist sehr huebsch ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome and amazing, Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some angels looking over you my friend. You are in my thoughts and prayers daily. My sister and my mom are praying for you, David and the boys. I am here to help in anyway I can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a journey! You are in all of our prayers.
    Reuben still misses his best friend and little brother.
    Big hugs & prayers from us here
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was the best news I have heard in a month - we will keep those prayers and positive vibes coming to all of you every minute of every day! B

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to hear good news and this is GOOD! Big kisses and remember, I will take the kiddies whenever you need me to---even with Max and Gina Li's weirdness!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hurrah heidi!! can't wait to be with you and see you thru the next chapter.love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to hear that there are some boundaries to this thing! The next 6 months may be a long slog, but you can make it.
    love, aunt judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hallo Heidi, alles, alles Gute.
    Christel und Rolf

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heidi,
    I have just read all your updates and feel for you so. Having been through all of this I, probably more than anyone, understand what you are going though and think about you each day.

    Please, if you ever want to talk or cry or whatever, I promise you I will not share any of my stories but will just be there to listen. It is tough, I will not lie, but again, look at me and my success story, ovarian cancer survivor, 2 beautiful babies and let that help you get through this. And you will get through this. Spring will be here before you know it.

    I send you and your family much love,
    Alix

    ReplyDelete