Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Port is In

Well, I had the surgery yesterday to have the port inserted.  All went well and it's in but I have a bunch of bandages and it hurts.  I'm not happy about that.  I'm annoyed with being in pain all the time.  It is making me very crabby.

Today is the second round of chemo. Mom is coming with me. I'm curious to see how it all goes with this sore port! 

Also, I'm expecting to lose my hair tonight or tomorrow.  A friend told me that she started losing hers the night of her second treatment. So far my hair seems to be its normal self, though. Not much action up there.  I have a wig ready to go. As soon as I lose large amounts of hair David and I are going to shave the rest off.  I'm kind of looking forward to having my hair look perfect for once. That's the silver lining about wearing a wig!

I'm still mad about having cancer!  I hate everyone and everything (except all of you!) and I'm very annoyed. I will get over it.  There are probably some "stages" of having cancer (as there are stages of grief) and I'm sure anger is one of them. So I'm in that stage right now.  I guess I'd say my stages so far have been: shock, acceptance, anger.  Wonder what's left and what's next?

And no, I haven't read any cancer books, or books about how to deal/live with cancer, or tips on surviving breast cancer.  Having it is bad enough, I just don't want to read about it, too.

Thanks to all for the gifts, cards, candies/chocolates, food, flowers, etc.  One of these days I will get around to writing thank you cards!  Meanwhile please know that I am so thankful to have such great friends and family who care about me so much. That's one of the main things that's helping me along...

5 comments:

  1. Thinking of you today, Heidi. The anger thing seems so normal: this sucks and is completely unfair. You'll get through it. Sending you an internet hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi- it's ok to be angry, furious!!! You don't need to read anything if you don't want to- you are very brave and will be fine. Thinking about you, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure what the stages of grief are when it comes to cancer, but I know recovery is a stage of cancer and I will keep praying that it comes sooner and sooner. Hope is not the only four letter word that you are allowed to use!!!
    Thinking of you.
    Darlene Rosado
    Jex's friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Heidi-lein,
    Life can be so unfair sometimes. Hang in there. We love you.
    Aunt Judy

    ReplyDelete